25 February 2010

Beginning at the Beginning

Hello blog readers of the world! I'm not sure how you found me, but welcome. This is my first post. I will probably have a slow start, but I am looking forward to starting this. My main ambition is to get used to blogging for a project I am working on. I will have to create a number of posts to be uploaded on a regular basis over a year long museum exhibition. I'm so excited to have this project go live, but I'm a bit concerned about my lack of blogging experience. So in preparation, I will blog about my life. It will mostly involve my knitting addiction, the status of my various projects, and interesting tidbits that I would like to share. Feedback is welcome and appreciated. I hate to think I will be writing blogs for public consumption that will be awful. So here goes.

I am in my mid-twenty's, a full time student in Museum Studies and work in a Natural History museum in the United States. I am working in conjunction with the institutions library department on an exhibit for the museum lobby that will go up in November for 1 year.

I will probably focus on knitting more than anything else. I am a knitter of moderate skill and I have a healthy addiction to Ravelry.com. Currently I am working on my Ravelympics project, the Owls sweater by Kate Davies. Which, might I add, is my FIRST SWEATER! Hmm, I wonder if I can link... Owls! That is a picture of the designers version. Mine is a bit more green and will have 2 eyes rather than LOTS of eyes. I also just realized that the Olympics end on Sunday...meaning I have till Sunday to finish the second sleeve and the yolk of the sweater. A photo will follow the completion of the project.

For those unfamiliar with the Ravelympics- the goal is to finish a project (any project really) during the Olympic games. Traditionally you cast on during the opening ceremony, work while you watch the games, and finish the project before (or during) the closing ceremony. In all honesty I have only watched curling, finished the body of the sweater in the first 3 days, and am now being less than productive on the sleeves. But I have faith I can finish! I think!

So here is the to do list for the week:
Finish exhibit script draft and objects list
Finish class project- A itemized description of the archive assigned to me for class (mostly finished)
Finish Ravelympics project

Looks like a busy weekend...

1 comment: